"Why I Love to Read" Young Readers Essay Promotion
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase will not enhance your chances of winning.
Promotion begins 12:00:01 AM Central Time ("CT") on September 9, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 AM CT on September 25, 2013 ("Promotion Period").
1. Eligibility: The "Why I Love to Read" Young Readers Essay Promotion ("Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S. States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 (19 in AL & NE) years of age or older at the time of entry and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority or older in their province/territory of residence and the parent/legal guardian of a child 7-16 years of age. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Country Inns & Suites By Carlson ("Sponsor"), Gage Marketing Group, LLC, and Vanson ("Administrators") and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, hotel management companies, prize providers and advertising/promotional agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of the immediate family or persons living in the same household of such individuals, are ineligible to participate or win a prize ("Prize"). Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. How To Enter: Pose the question "Why I Love to Read" to your child and write an essay based on their answer and discussion in 175 to 400 words ("Essay"). During the Promotion Period, access the Sponsor's Website: (whyilovetoread.com) ("Website") and complete the online entry form and submit the Essay. You must provide all required information, which includes your first and last name, age category and name of child, and your mailing address. Acceptance of these Official Rules and confirmation of eligibility must be acknowledged by clicking the "I have read and agree to the Official Rules and confirm I am eligible to participate" check box. To submit your Essay and entry information you must click the Submit Your Essay button at the bottom of the page.
Essay must be written in English. Incomplete entries or entries that do not fully comply with the requirements set forth herein will be disqualified. Essays must contain a minimum of 175 words and an approximate maximum of 400 words. Essays that contain more than 400 words may be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Once an Essay is submitted, you may not edit or resubmit with edits. Limit one (1) entry per child. If you have more than one child between the ages of 7 and 16, you may enter each child once. Proof of registration/submission does not constitute proof of entry. No correspondence regarding entries will be entered into with entrants, except as specified in these rules. Sponsor may in its sole discretion disqualify entries deemed to be inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive or otherwise non-compliant with these Official rules. Essays will not be used to determine the winners.
Additional Essay requirements:
- Must be solely the original work of the entrant and must not have been previously published or won an award or prize of any kind.
- Must not infringe on any third-party rights; Entry content must not include brands or trademarks other than Sponsor's and must be suitable for publication without limitation, licensing, or compensation.
- Cannot defame or invade publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe on any person's personal or proprietary rights.
- May not be obscene, indecent, violent, or derogatory of any group of people, contain profanities or depict the Sponsor unfavorably or communicate messages inconsistent with the Sponsor's brand, and must be suitable for all ages.
By submitting an Essay, entrants agree that all ideas, concepts, and copyrighted material contained in the Essay become the sole property of Sponsor. Submission of an Essay grants Sponsor the unlimited and perpetual right to reproduce, edit, modify, publish, adapt, or use the Essay in any way, in whole or in part in any and all media or commerce worldwide without limitation or compensation to entrant.
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Promotion.
3. Random Drawings: Entries will be divided into the following age categories ("Age Category"): ages 7-9, ages 10-12 and ages 13-16. Three (3) random drawings (one (1) per Age Category) will be conducted on or about September 27, 2013, from among all eligible entries received from each Age Category. The Administrators, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion, will conduct the drawings. The Administrator's server is the official clock for this Promotion. Potential prize winners will be notified by email on or about September 30, 2013 and asked to confirm their mailing address for prize fulfillment. Before being declared a winner, a potential Canadian winner must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question. The skill-testing question will be administered by email.
4. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Three (3) Grand Prizes (one (1) per Age Category) - a Random House library consisting of 52 books. ARV of the Grand Prize: $500 US each. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) Prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,500 US.
Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for St. Paul, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in St. Paul, Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota.
6. Winners List: For the names of the winners visit whyilovetoread.com after October 7, 2013.
7. Sponsor: Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Inc. 701 Carlson Pkwy, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA.